I have found that many people don't really like their life and don't really like the world that we live in today. In that regard, I wonder how we can help. Have you ever wondered what drove someone to do some of the horrible things that we see in the news these days? In modern times we have massive shootings, random violence, and all forms of cruelty.
Oddly enough, in a world so full of hate and aggression, we also have an abundance of sadness as well, people are hurting every day.I would like all of that to stop but it is a group effort and we are all going to have to pitch in to stop it. I've thought about it for a long time and I don't think some things are avoidable but I do believe some things can be stopped before it happens.
So how do we change the world? The answer is simple, be kind, gentle, caring, compassionate, and understanding. Now you might be reading this and thinking "well I already do all of those things". If you are saying those things my question to you is, are you doing those things to strangers or just people you know? There is no limit to the kindness that we can share towards others, even complete strangers.
Imagine some of those people who felt lost, alone, and forgotten. Imagine what they went through and how they felt before making a most regretful choice. Do you have a picture of that in your mind? Now imagine being that person, and then you show up in their line of vision. How would you react to them? Would they be just another person, would you greet them with a smile? Or would you simply walk on past and not even notice they were there?
How would the way you acted in that small moment of time change the fate of the person who feels like they have hit rock bottom? Can you imagine the amazing feeling of having someone come up to you and treat you like you matter when you feel that down? You could save a life, you could change the outcome of a tragic event. Just be kind to everyone and when you see someone who looks like they need a hand, do your best to smile and show them someone cares.
Keep smiling and show the love you have for others every day that you can.
No comments:
Post a Comment