Monday, August 20, 2012

The Theory of Abortion

Okay so this one is going to be a bit of a deep discussion because of its seriousness.

Anyone can argue either side effectively and for the most part nothing will ever come of those arguments that change anyone's mind. Even this post isn't meant to change your mind, just to give you something to think about.

From my point of view abortion is not only bad but scary. Why scary? Simple really, I'm someone who is adopted but not only that, I was given up practically at birth. My biological mother never once thought about keeping me but still gave me life, if she had done the more simple thing of abortion I wouldn't even be here right now.

My point of view is that if you're going to do something that gets you pregnant that you need to deal with that and let the life that is already being formed have a chance to live, we as people shouldn't have a say as to who is and isn't born into this world. Everyone deserves a chance at life, even if they are doomed to live in an orphanage for a while, it's better than never living at all.

Even if you argue that you have to go through the trouble of carrying a child your going to give away anyway my counter argument would be that you have to live with your actions and choices, I don't think you should run from a problem and deny someone a chance at life just because you don't want to keep them.

But I let it rest at that, as I said, I'm not trying to change your mind, I'm just trying to give you some to think about. By all rights if abortion was a super blown up topic 20 years ago I might not even be here today and even if life has been rather stupid and silly at times I would never wish that I wasn't born, I am grateful to be alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment