So, emotions, that's a really broad subject to cover isn't it? Why don't we just cover the most common ones. Happiness, sadness, and anger.
What do you feel right now? Are you in a good mood or a bad mood? Everyone knows what it's like to be angry sometimes, you do, I do, everyone does. But why should we get angry, what has anger ever really gotten for any of us?
For me specifically anger has only caused health issues, specifically relating to my blood pressure. Has anger ever gotten anything for you? Good or bad, I'm interested to hear what your experience with anger has been.
I'm not saying there isn't time for anger, but some of us really do get angry way too much, over things that don't really require anger. An example would be something like someone messing up your food order, no reason to really get mad, mistakes happen. If you handle it calmly it can still be taken care of, possibly even faster then if you got angry with the employees.
What about sadness? Sadness is an emotion that, in extreme cases, can just completely drain your will to do anything and you just want to sit in a corner for the rest of time. This is a really powerful emotion that, if you're not careful, can really mess you up.
Just like anger I have experienced a very deep sadness where I really did just expect time to stop, I know now that's not possible and that the time I spent like that was meaningless but at the time I thought it was the only thing I could do. What are your thoughts on sadness and how has it affected your life, I would really love to hear your opinions or stories if you are willing to share.
Now finally for happiness, ideally this is what we want to feel 24/7. Life is almost like a constant battle to stay happy. I mean there is just no avoiding that harsh truth. You're walking down the street and you start to get in a good mood and then a potted plant falls from the sky and hits you right in the head.
You have been there right? Where every time you start to get that happy feeling something just completely comes out and ruins your day? What did you do? Did you get angry? Sad? Or did you simply say "No, I will not let these things ruin my mood!".
Everyone has a different way of expressing their problems and changing their moods. This is something I'm really interested in so if you could leave a comment about your experiences with this I would love to read them.
No comments:
Post a Comment