Sunday, October 14, 2012

Even good dreams are nightmares.

Tonight I am writing this with the idea of pleasant dreams. Have you ever heard someone say that and actually thing about something nice? It seems kind of silly to me really, why would you want someone to dream something nice? Shouldn't you wish them something more productive? Like finishing the project for their job or something? Wishing good dreams, a fantasy, just seems silly.

With that point stated I have to say that even good dreams are nightmares to some people. I mean, what could possibly be worse then starting off the day waking up from the best dream of your life to continue your normal boring routine. You feel disappointed, sad, ready to go back to sleep. You don't feel like working at all.

Good dreams are only good for the moment when you're asleep, they distract you from everything after that point though. Some people don't ever think about their dreams after waking up so for those of you reading who are like this you probably think that is silly but some people really think about their dreams.

I can't think of a good dream I have ever had that I was happy to wake from, though this could be very dangerous for someone easily influenced because they are unhappy with their normal life. They would dwell on their dreams and try to sleep as much as possible. This is a terrible way to try and live, living in a fantasy is not really living.

For me personally I would much rather start the day waking up to a bad dream, waking up to a bad dream makes me relieved that it's not true and I look forward to the normal day more. But what do you think? Would you prefer to wake to a good or a bad dream?

No comments:

Post a Comment