Monday, October 29, 2012

What it means to grow old

What does it truly mean to grow old? Most people probably think of people with wrinkles. Some probably think of becoming wiser, and some sadly think about the brittle bones of an aged body.

But does any of it really hold true? There are people who are old who look young and people who look old and are young, what caused that? Why were those people different?

While it is true that with age comes experience that experience means nothing to someone who refuses to use it to learn. Wisdom only comes from those who learn from life. There are those who are youthful who seek to learn many things.

old people dancing
Old but dancing beautifully.

As for aged brittle bones, there are old people who can out run me and dance with the best of them. I don't think that brittle bones comes from age as much as bad management of your body over time. Not taking care of yourself well enough adds up after 60 years, it's only natural after being abused your body would turn to dust.

I prefer the saying "You're only as old as you feel" because there are elderly people doing amazing things for people. They are living life to the fullest even at their age where most choose to simply relax. I found this photo gallery that just shows you everything I could never put into words.

If my stressful days don't get the better of me I will definitely be an elder man who is constantly running around like I'm 20 again. I don't ever really plan on stopping where I am in life. How things are now is really fun and I don't really care to stop. My job is fun, my friends, family, and girlfriend are all great and really supportive. The only thing I actually lack in life that I want is a house to call my own and a German Shepard. But if that's the worst of my complaints I think I'm doing pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment